Plan Your Weekend with Dr. Zorba Paster
Utah Public Radio is hosting a weekend with Dr. Zorba Paster, physician and host of "Zorba Paster On Your Health." We have several events planned and invite you to join us. Each event is $50 per person.
Friday, March 17th - St. Paddy's Dinner
- Herm's Inn, Canyon Road
- Dinner prepared by Chef Robyn Monk
- Reception is at 6:30 p.m. with seating at 7:00 p.m.
- Vegetarian options will be available.
- Max capacity: 80 Event has reached capacity and is closed.
Saturday, March 18th - "Wild About Utah" A Day Outdoors
- Stokes Nature Center, Logan Canyon
- 10:00 a.m. - noon - A Maple Syrup Workshop with Emily Pavlovic, Naturalist Educator - Participants will learn how to identify which trees to tap and when. Come and experience something new! Get acquainted with the best trees for syrup-making, practice your tapping skills, taste sap straight from the trunk, and discover the process of turning sap into syrup. We will also explore the history of tree tapping in the United States including Native American techniques and legends and discuss the health benefits of natural syrup as an alternative to processed sugar. Each participant will leave the workshop with their own tree tapping “spile” and small sample of Stokes Nature Center syrup.
- Noon - 1:00 p.m. - Lunch Provided (Vegetarian Options Available)
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Hike with the Wild About Utah experts
o Sasha Broadstone, Director of Education – Stokes Nature Center
o Jack Greene, Bridgerland Audubon Society
o Frank “Buddy” Smith, Botanist and Principal of Western Ecological Services
- Max capacity: 20
Sunday, March 19th - Ski the Beav
While we cannot promise clear skies we can provide you with a ski pass, lunch from Off Premise catering, and transportation.
- Beaver Mountain, Logan Canyon
- 8:00 a.m. - Meet at First Dam in Logan with your ski gear (ski gear not provided)
- Ski until noon
- Noon - Lunch
- Ski until 4:00 p.m.
- Returns to First Dam around 5:00 p.m.
- Max capacity: 11
Monday, March 20th - Zorba on Access Utah
Zorba makes a house call! No tickets are needed for this. Tune into UPR at 9:00 a.m. and again at 7:00 p.m. for a full-hour interview with Tom Williams and Dr. Zorba Paster on Access Utah. Call or email during the morning show to talk to Zorba! 800-826-1495 or email@example.com
Call UPR for details.
Any questions regarding the events, contact Teri Guy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-797-3215.
We wish to thank our sponsors and partners for making Zorba's visit possible:
- Bear River Valley Hospital
- Cache Valley Ear, Nose & Throat
- Intermountain Healthcare Clinics
- Logan Regional Hospital