Jeanette Norton says she was roused from sleep on her couch just after midnight Monday when she heard a noise on the front porch of her Providence home.
To her shock and horror, she looked out her window and saw a fire on the other side of the front door, with flames licking the eaves of the porch. Rushing outside to assess the situation, she saw the figure of a lanky man or young man running away, stumbling through obstacles in her yard.
“It was incredible. So scary. If I had been upstairs in my bed asleep, the whole house could have gone up and I could have been trapped,” she said. Read the rest of the story on HJnews.com.
This story is made possible thanks to a community reporting partnership between The Herald Journal and Utah Public Radio.