Utah State University Preparing To Increase Mitigation Measures If Needed
Utah State University President Noel Cockett released information on Saturday about ways the university would approach a Level 1 status in efforts to continue mitigation for the coronavirus pandemic.
USU is currently operating in Level 2. A Level 1 status means all functions will be performed remotely and off-site except functions designated as on-site essential.
If a USU campus or center moves to Level 1:
- USU administrators will identify which employees will provide essential on-site functions (such as security, animal care, on-campus housing, etc.) Those employees designated as essential for on-site work will be contacted by their supervisors. Public health guidelines for social distancing and increased sanitation will continue to be implemented to protect all essential on-site employees.
- All other employees who are able to work remotely will do so (using email, phone, or other online platforms.)
- All employees (wage-hourly and benefitted) who cannot perform their work remotely or do not have an assignment that is designated as on-site essential will be paid through "COVID-19 administrative leave." Supervisors will provide more details on this in the near future.
For students who live in on-campus housing:
- Residence halls will remain open to students living on campus, and essential services will continue even under Level 1 status.
- Public health guidelines for social distancing and improved sanitation will continue to be implemented to protect students and staff.