Local businesses and organizations who sponsor Utah Public Radio are our underwriters. If you want your business or organization to publicly acknowledge your support of UPR and introduce yourself to our loyal listeners who will respond to your support, please consider becoming an underwriter.
UPR is a public radio station and therefore is not licensed to broadcast commercial advertising. In order to help purchase programming and fund general operations public radio stations like UPR rely on underwriting support from businesses, corporations, foundations and associations.
FCC regulations govern all public radio underwriting announcements. Regulations require stations to provide on-air acknowledgement of funders while stipulating that these credit announcements are strictly for identification.
Underwriting is a way to promote an event, or you can use our community calendar.
For more information on becoming a sponsor contact Teri Guy at 435-797-3215 or by email.
WHO ARE PUBLIC RADIO LISTENERS?
- 74% voted last year.
- 68% are college graduates
- 63% have an income of $75,000 or more.
- 64% more likely than the broader population to own a passport.
- 38% more likely to like to learn about art, culture and history.
- 88% more likely to be the president of a company, and more than twice as likely to work in top management.
Dixie Regional Medical Center is a 245-bed hospital located on two campuses - River Road and 400 East. Dixie Regional is the major medical referral center for northwestern Arizona, southeastern Nevada and southern Utah. 2013 is Dixie Regional Medical Center's 100 year anniversary! The medical center operated out of a two-story house in 1913, and was St. George's first hospital. Dixie is one of the underwriters for the St. George StoryCorps event.
Underwriting with Utah Public Radio provides your business with:
- Quality statewide programming that is the cornerstone of the unique relationship we share with our
- Statewide coverage with a statewide audience. 34 translators and 5 full power stations broadcasting from Soda Springs, Idaho to St. George, Vernal, Capital Reef National Park, and Zion National Park.
- An image of quality and integrity for your products and services through programming featuring National Public Radio’s award winning news magazines, Morning Edition and All Things Considered, as well a host of celebrated music, entertainment and cultural programs.
- An association with its’ long-standing reputation for social responsibility identifying your company as a civic and community minded organization with interest in the public that goes beyond simply selling a product or service.
American Festival Chorus & Orchestra
Angela F. Fonnesbeck, Attorney at Law
Best Western Antlers
Bridger Folk Music Society
Bickness International Film Festival
Cache Cowboy Rendezvous
Cache Valley Center for the Arts
Cache Valley Ears Nose and Throat Clinic
Cache Valley Gardener's Market
Cache Valley Historical Society
Cache Valley Specialty Hospital
Cache Valley Unitarian Universalists
Global Village Gifts
Grand Junction Regional Airport
Green Gate Village Historic Inn
Green Valley Spa
Hillyard, Anderson & Olsen, P.C.
Intermountain Regional Hospital
Karl Breitenbach, MD
Larry Smith and Carol von Dolen
Little Bloombury Foundation
Logan Downtown Alliance
Logan City, Public Works Department
Marie Eccles Caine-Russell Family
Miller's Northern Utah Glass
Moab Folk Festival
Nathan and Christine Hult
Norm Jones & Cecile Gilmer
Oyster Ridge Music Festival
Porcupine Music Festival
Salt Lake Acting Company
Stokes Nature Center
Southern Utah University- Leavitt Center
Southern Utah University-Office of Regional Services
Southern Utah University-University Relations
Southwest Applied Technology College
Square One Printing
Summerfest Arts Faire
The Herald Journal
The Iron Gate Inn
USU Caine College of the Arts
USU Charter Credit Union
USU College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences
USU College of Science
USU Department of Environment and Society
USU Department of History
USU Department of Journalism and Communication
USU Department of Languages, Philosophy and Communication Studies
USU Department of Music
USU Department of Political Science
USU Dining Services
USU Edith Bowen Laboratory School
USU Emma Eccles Jones College of Education
USU Honors Program
USU Human Resources Wellness Program
USU Innovation Campus
USU Institute of Government and Politics
USU Merrill-Cazier Library
USU Museum of Anthropology
USU Office of Global Engagement
USU Office of Research and Graduate Studies
USU Partners in Business
USU Quinney College of Natural Resources
USU Regional Campuses and Distance Education
USU Special Collections
USU Wasserman Festival
USU Center for Women and Gender
USU Youth Conservatory
Utah Festival Opera & Musical Theater
Utah Humanities Council
Utah Shakespeare Festival
Valley Dance Ensemble
Vince and Gina Wickwar
Weber State University Office of Cultural Affairs