Staff Assistant Position Open at UPR
USU Staff Assistant II
Position Summary: This position serves Utah Public Radio under the direct supervision of the UPR Station Manager. This is an integral position within UPR as it is the first point of contact for radio guests, members, donors, faculty and students. Excellent customer service and organizational skills are a must. The position also provides administrative support for the unit. This is a full-time position, working Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. The successful candidate must pass a background check with satisfactory findings.
- Receptionist duties include greeting radio station guests, UPR members and donors, USU administration, faculty and staff, interns, and students.
- Provide general and specialized information to students, faculty, professional staff, administrators, visitors, or callers regarding programming and procedures of Utah Public Radio, campus locations, University events, telephone numbers, etc.; refers questions requiring more knowledge or data to appropriate person.
- Answer primary UPR phone line, directs calls and takes messages.
- Maintain, monitor and distribute parking passes as needed for UPR guests and volunteers.
- Provide administrative support to station manager and staff.
- Organize, update, and maintain accurate department files, correspondence, records, and other documents.
- Open and distribute departmental mail ensuring that internal controls are in place for handling incoming donations.
- Assists with accounts receivable processing of membership payments for donations, pledges, gifts and daily deposits.
- Helps with UPR membership drives including planning, coordinate volunteers and support of events.
- Maintains, processes, and assists with all procurement of supplies, equipment, and other purchases and/or payments.
- Make travel arrangements, create itineraries, and prepare all travel authorizations and reimbursements for the staff and guests of Utah Public Radio.
- Monitor timesheets for part-time employees, interns/work-study students ensuring accuracy.
- Process key requests through USU Facilities as needed.
- Complete tasks as requested in support of department efforts and in
compliance with FCC regulations as they pertain to public radio.
Minimum/Preferred Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- Two years progressively responsible duties in office/bookkeeping environment; OR a combination of relevant education and work experience considered.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written mediums.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Ability to work without close supervision, to take initiative and anticipate actions needed, and to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Skills in the use of personal computers and software applications including MS Office.
- Must have excellent attendance (critical to position).
- Advanced knowledge of financial systems software.
- Familiarity with USU’s Banner System.
- Office Management background.
- Business background.
Title: *Staff Assistant IIJob Category: Non-Exempt
Location: Logan Campus
Department: Utah Public Radio
College/Unit: College of Humanities and Social Sc
Supervisor: Arnold, Margaret
College/Unit Code: CLHMSS
Opportunity Type: Full-Time w/benefits package
Position Number: 998526