Local businesses and organizations who sponsor Utah Public Radio are our underwriters. If you want your business or organization to publicly acknowledge your support of UPR and introduce yourself to our loyal listeners who will respond to your support, please consider becoming an underwriter.
UPR is a public radio station and therefore is not licensed to broadcast commercial advertising. In order to help purchase programming and fund general operations public radio stations like UPR rely on underwriting support from businesses, corporations, foundations and associations.
FCC regulations govern all public radio underwriting announcements. Regulations require stations to provide on-air acknowledgement of funders while stipulating that these credit announcements are strictly for identification.
Underwriting is a way to promote an event, or you can use our community calendar.
For more information on becoming a sponsor contact Debbie Andrew at 435-797-9507 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*For more information on the NPR audience, download the .pdf at the bottom of this page.
- 74% voted last year.
- 68% are college graduates
- 63% have an income of $75,000 or more.
- 64% more likely than the broader population to own a passport.
- 38% more likely to like to learn about art, culture and history.
- 88% more likely to be the president of a company, and more than twice as likely to work in top management.
Underwriting with Utah Public Radio provides your business with:
- Quality statewide programming that is the cornerstone of the unique relationship we share with our audience.
- Statewide coverage with a statewide audience. 34 translators and 5 full power stations broadcasting from Soda Springs, Idaho to St. George, Vernal, Capital Reef National Park, and Zion National Park.
- An image of quality and integrity for your products and services through programming featuring National Public Radio’s award winning news magazines, Morning Edition and All Things Considered, as well a host of celebrated music, entertainment and cultural programs.
- An association with its’ long-standing reputation for social responsibility identifying your company as a civic and community minded organization with interest in the public that goes beyond simply selling a product or service.
NON-PROFIT UNDERWRITING APPLICATION:
Utah Public Radio will select up to 12 organizations to receive a free package to announce their event each fiscal year. They will be selected for on-air inclusion on the basis of community service and appropriateness for UPR’s listening audience. Spot content must be conducive to FCC guidelines. Each organization will receive 28 spots valued at $700.
To submit your organization’s event for consideration, contact Debbie Andrew at email@example.com.
***Applications can be downloaded as a .pdf at the bottom of this page.
Al's Trophies & Frames, Inc.
Anderson's Seed And Garden Store
American Festival Chorus and Orchestra
Beazer Lock & Key
Brown Monument And Vault
Cache Valley Center for the Arts
Cache Chamber of Commerce
Cache Valley Cowboy Rendezvous
Cache Valley Ear Nose and Throat
Cache Valley Gardener's Market
Cache Valley Visitors Bureau
Center For Growth And Opportunity At Utah State University
Chamber Music Society of Logan
Clear Recovery Of Cache Valley
Community Nursing Services
Culligan Logan Water Conditioning
Disability Law Center
Gem City Fine Foods
George S. Eccles Ice Center
Grand County Council
Headspin Events, LLC
The Herald Journal
Industrical Tool And Supply
Intermountain Healthcare Clinics
LFF, Inc. (The Block Film & Art Festival)
Logan Regional Hospital
Moab Area Travel Council
Moab Folk Festival
Moab Music Festival
Off Premise Catering
Ogden Downtown Alliance
Oyster Ridge Music Festival
Palmer Home Furnishings
Planned Parenthood Association Of Utah
Pride Embroidery And Screen Printing
Randy Wirth Half Century Ride
Rocky Mountain Power
Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance
Square One Printing
Sunshine Terrace Foundation
The Vineyards At Mt. Naomi Farms
USU Access and Diversity Center
USU Animal, Dairy and Veterinary Sciences
USU Caine College of the Arts
USU Center For Persons With Disabilities
USU College of Education
USU College of Engineering
USU College of Science
USU Department of English
USU Department of History
USU Department of Political Science
USU Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services
USU Dining Services
USU Diversity Council
USU GearUp Utah
USU Honors Program
USU Instructional Technology And Learning Sciences
USU Language, Philosophy & Communication Studies
USU Library - Special Collections and Archives
USU Merrill-Cazier Library
USU Museum of Anthropology
USU School of Applied Sciences, Technology, and Ed
USU Music Department
USU Wassermann Festival
USU Nora Eccles Harrison Museum of Art
USU Office of Global Engagement
USU Public Relations and Marketing
USU Regional Campuses and Distance Education
USU Research and Graduate Studies
USU Sociology, Social Work, Anthropology
USU Student Media
USU Student Marketing & Communication
USU Student Orientation and Transition Services
USU Summer Citizens Program
Utah Division of State History
Utah Festival Opera & Musical Theatre
Utah Humanities Council | Women's Giving Circle
Utah Shakespeare Festival