As COVID Test Numbers Decrease, Health Officials Remind People To Get Tested
As many people begin going back to their day-to-day routines, health officials are reminding people that it is still important to get tested for COVID-19. The Utah Department of Health said the number of people getting tested for the coronavirus in recent months has decreased dramatically.
In the week of November 19, 2020, officials say that 32,563 tests were done. In the week of June 14, only 5,894 were administered.
According to the Utah Department of Health, here is a list of reasons why people will still need COVID tests:
- The pandemic isn’t over
- If you have symptoms to see if you have COVID
- If you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- Some employers require a negative test to return to work
- To get any elective surgery
- Travel restrictions may require it.